The newest of this year’s Christmas knitting patterns, these cute little Gingerbread Teds in cosy jumpers can be knitted from any oddments of chunky yarn you might have in your stash. Very simple to knit, they would be a great last-minute make to decorate the tree or to give as a pocket-sized present.
To make your teddies you will need:
- Small amount of chunky yellow yarn- we used West Yorkshire Spinners Chunky Roving Re:Treat in colour Mellow (221) (but you can use any chunky weight yarn you fancy)
- Contrasting colour chunky yarn for the jumper section of the teddy- we used some Stylecraft Special Chunky in colour Watermelon (1839) for the pink teddy and Stylecraft Special Chunky in colour Wisteria (1432) for the purple one.
- 4.5mm straight knitting needles
- Toy stuffing
- Darning needle
- A little brown yarn for the eyes/nose, we used Paintbox Simply Chunky in colour 310 but you can use any black, brown or grey yarn you like.
- Button for the front of the teddy’s jumper (optional) and cotton and needle to sew it on.
Once you’ve placed your order, your pattern will be immediately available for download.
(please note this is a downloadable pattern and not a kit)
Teddies are 15cm tall when knitted up.